logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

Return to Index  

Oscar, our tabby, will stomp a

May 28 2012 at 8:06 AM
  (Login VAFarmer)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 165.214.14.22

Response to cat as retriever

mudhole in anything that he takes a mind to.

Once caught him trying to sneak up on some DEER in the backyard. One of the few times I prayed to my Dear Lord, "Oh please God, let him get close enough....." Would have been a sight, ole Oscar hanging on by claw and fang while that deer bucked like a Brahama.

He hunts like no other, and the only reasons I dont take him out with me are
1) he does not do too well on the ATV
2) after about 10 min of "no action" he would rather come over and be rubbed.

But in the yard, when we have problem birds, when I set up, he will nearly always set up away from me about 20 yds, in a very hidden spot and wait. I rarely have to follow up shot, even if I make a bad shot, he is on them like white on rice once they are hit.
Weird, even though he that far away, he knows which one I am gonna get if there are multiple problem birds around the yard.

If I could get kind of hunting sense from the dog, man, would I have it made.

We (whole family) sometimes take walks in the evenings. Oscar walks right along with us, almost like the dog, cept the dog has to be on a leash.

When the kids are out playing, he follows them around, and then plops down where they are. I guess he is "watching over them"
He has ELIMINATED the mice long ago, and always brings them up to show them. He has been bitten 2X by some type of snake (vets assessment). He watches over the house and yard ~2.5 acres with impunity, and is the most loving cat I have ever been around.

I am allergic to cats, and really have never cared for them anyway. But he is by far one of the best pets I have had in my life. He is starting to show some age, and I will be saddened when he passes.

Quite the hunting companion. Please don't tell my friends, they already give me a hard time for hunting with air rifles........if they found out my "dog" was a cat....Id really be in for it!!!

God bless, and thanks for sharing.

Farmer

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Kats - Dave on May 28, 2012, 2:43 PM
  •  
  • Kats - Dave on May 28, 2012, 2:45 PM
    • Re: Kats - Larry on May 28, 2012, 8:07 PM

• That is funny, - Johnson, Jeffrey on May 29, 2012, 1:49 PM
  •  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486