because the hammer still bounces, just not against the stem
i cut off about 4.5 coils from a 1377 valve spring and glued it to a washer/rivet thingy. using double sided tape i stuck it to the outside of the valve. the theory was to absorb most of the hammers energy before it even touched the stem and it seems to work. now it just taps the stem and my valve retains quite a bit of air.
i get two decent shots. the first one being the most powerful and the second shot loses about 200-230 fps. then i have to actually dry fire it TWICE to get the remaining air out. now i just need to get a lighter hammer and figure out a way to make a spring adjuster for it
let me hear what you guys think. I know some of you are very well educated in the physics of this type of stuff. i think it could be improved a bit
oh btw i switched hammer springs too. i used a 2240 spring