photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo ef7e91f7-efed-4c80-9d93-6fb3d862a8cc_zps0bafaaa9.jpg

Barry McGee's Custom 2300

Cothrane stainless tube, left handed breech, power adjuster,
Lothar 10" barrel, H.P.A.sports co2 cap, Clague ldc,1701 trigger group,
Stace trigger, Rick Andres grips and a Mueller quick shot reflex sight.

Return to Index  

Re: oh sure....

June 20 2012 at 3:20 PM
Airfierce  (Login Airfierce)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 66.81.28.123

Response to oh sure....

Okay, well I can't really describe the problem any better than I have already -

"Overall in writing for the public it's customary when using abbreviations to first go to the trouble of writing out the abbreviated term one time, followed by the abbreviation in brackets or vice versa. That way everybody is on the same page and all viewers may participate in the understanding of text. That way a person can immediately understand meaning. At the very least some generalized hint of meaning is given."

As for examples, most of the forum threads are full of numerous abbreviations, maybe a dozen or more per thread, sometimes more, sometimes less. The point isn't a question of where can I find a handy dandy list of abbreviation descriptions to refer to, as I already explained: that's a colossal pain in the butt stock to have to chase down intepretaions several times per thread.

I was simply asking for polite consideration of others who aren't in on the secret code. I tried to ask as politely and respectfully as possible, and I think I succeeded in that. Apparently from the replies posted nobody is interested in assisting, so I guess that tells me the answer.

Thanks, guys, enjoy yourselves here. Unfortunately, I can't.

Airfierce

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486