Transfer port restrictionsJune 25 2012 at 7:31 PM
|robert (Login gubb33ps)|
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Restrictive transfer port.
OK..here is the data. Same gun, same valve, same everything EXCEPT striker springs were swapped. As striker energy increased, the sweet spot pressure also increased.
But the shot count stayed the same.
10 shots from 620 590fps = 605fps averqage / 11 foot pounds
10 shots from 650 620fps = 645fps average / 12.5 foot pounds
10 shots from 675- 645fps = 660fps.average / 13 foot pounds
SO, If I want a 12 foot pound gun....would running at the higer pressure level and restgricting the transfer port (so that the energy level was at 12 foot pounds) increase the shot count...or not?
- Since you used more air.... - rsterne on Jun 25, 2012, 9:07 PM
- I (mostly) agree with Bob. Higher pressure and striker energy... - Steve in NC on Jun 25, 2012, 10:38 PM
- what if the hammer is debounced - dan house on Jun 25, 2012, 11:27 PM
- RearSprocket said way down below - dan house on Jun 26, 2012, 1:27 PM
- Final setting - robert on Jun 27, 2012, 7:58 PM