So for about the last 24 months, I've had her on a serious diet. Now I am happy to
report that she lost nearly 13 ounces and is feeling so much better. And let me
say one thing, when I pick her up with one hand now she is light as a feather.
Well, almost a feather.
Things I have done so far:
OEM main tube was lightened by me.
Barrel is OEM and trimmed down by me.
Main tube plug is made of Delrin by me.
Gas cap is aluminum, comes from HPA and bored out by me.
Hammer is made from Delrin by me with a modified 1701P striker.
Valve is an aluminum Disco rear end with a brass Pro-Top by Anthony.
Trigger grip frame is aluminum by Bluefork Design and then hogged out by Gregg.
Front barrel band is aluminum, made by Anthony, drilled by Rich and milled by me.
My SSP, I got rid of the delrin spacer that I had between the piston and valve,
July 10 2012 at 5:22 AM
james perotti (Login jpsaxnc) Crosman Forum Member from IP address 184.108.40.206
(it was causing problems),by making the piston rod longer and drilling an air intake hole in the tube. I had noticed that my piston o-ring looked pretty abraded and looking through the back of the compression tube I could see a very rough spot in the tube (manufacturing defect),the last 2-3" of piston stroke, so I've been grinding it smooth. One thing I noticed on this build is that the alignment of the link, piston rod and piston are critical. The piston rod is 5/16" dia. and does not flex. Hopefully I'll have some more results in a couple days.
This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member