logo by smgunner

Crosman999's Sheridan

Return to Index  

Measuring Mildot spacing....???

July 19 2012 at 11:16 AM

dan house  (Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 153.90.162.47

an extensive search of s acouple forums, and googling didnt turn up what I'm looking for

I need to be able to measure/calculate the dot spacing on the reticle itself. Its not listed in the miniscle users guide that came with the scope

This scope has hash ticks/lines instead of dots. Chairgun wants to know the dot to dot spacing for its math.

google did turn up how to use the dots to range a en elk, mountain goats and the headlight spacing on a Hudson coupe, but nothing to say how far apart the dots/hashes are in the reticle itself

One thing Ive thought of, is to take one shot at 10 yards using the "center" dot , raise or lower the scope one dot/tick and shot at the same aim point. Then meausure that CtC distance and multiply that by 10 to give a 100 yard spacing.

Example: my 10 yard spacing ctc is .39 inches. times 10 (for the 100 dot to dot spacing) thus giving 3.9 for the dot to dot spacing.

yes no maybe?

EDIT: Update...... using a search term of "mil dot calibration" on the Yellow's FT sub-froum got a lot more hits, including Ray's write up (see below)

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
[linked image]
the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

This message has been edited by dan_house from IP address 153.90.162.47 on Jul 19, 2012 12:38 PM
This message has been edited by dan_house from IP address 153.90.162.47 on Jul 19, 2012 11:16 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486