logo by smgunner

Crosman999's Sheridan

Return to Index  

A big horse likes to be fed heavy........

August 5 2012 at 10:48 AM

WyoMan  (Login WyoMan)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 71.36.10.7

Response to Ok, here's some numbers, this is maxed out,

........especially in .177. Performance is remarkable - hows the cocking effort?

Update:

I read your post on the yellow (can't post there yet). Thats cutting edge stuff for sure.

I think what we're looking at is....FT = MV. Since the valve is low volume then time is not your friend. To max out V for any given M, F or transfer pressure becomes critical. It looks like you've hit a near perfect balance between the compromise of flow rate and transfer volume. Also, the heavy's should outperform (fpe) because of two reasons. A slower acceleration due to higher mass will give the FT side a boost by allowing the force to stay higher for a longer time; also, there is always less energy loss with lower velocities. Going forward, I wouldn't know how to improve (efficiency) if you've already eliminated or minimized all transitions (size, shape, direction) in the transfer.

Awesome!

WyoMan
[linked image]

This message has been edited by WyoMan from IP address 71.36.10.7 on Aug 5, 2012 11:58 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486