1322 Update - Its Done!August 19 2012 at 9:30 PM
WyoMan (Login WyoMan)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 18.104.22.168
Instead of listing all the "plug & play" parts, I took a picture..
My Own Mods
- Shortened the Extended Flow-Thru Probe to seat the pellet about 1/16 beyond transfer port, transfer volume is a real power grabber unless youre reducing enough energy loss.
- Enlarged the TransferPort and Barrel port to 0.150 to match the exhaust port on the valve.
- Adjustable Trigger Group polished hammer / sear contact (the other contact points came polished). Set sear spring adjustment by cocking bolt, adjusting spring to just make contact with sear, then tighten by ¼ turn. This gives positive cocking engagement, crisp trigger and a safe gun.
- Ordered the wrong breech - wasnt paying attention. Summarize this in 3 words: wrong parts suck.
- I lost the detent ball twice: Trigger group was finished and Im reaching for the cover, the detent ball shoots @ 462 fps (sorry no chrony) guessing from the sound it made when it hit the wall. Carpeted room with lots of clutter no chance. I steal the one from my 1377 and pulling it out with needlenose I drop the pliers. Found that one after 45 min. I give up and put it back and then drop the last hex head on the floor. While searching for hex head I find detent ball. Still missing hex head.
- Installed defective valve: Im listing this as my mistake because I could have checked the valve with a temporary pivot pin before the complete assembly. Hugh disappointment, I was ready to near zero the scope and instead I get a complete teardown L.
Biggest Things I Did Right
- I wrote down the step by step procedure before I started (had plenty of time, impatiently waiting on parts).
- Airtube, Breech, Barrel, TransferPort assembly Didnt get in a hurry here, everything sized, aligned & sealed.
- Trigger Pull is about 2.0 lb and crisp (this came out better than my last trigger mod)
- Weight of Pistol is 4.5 pounds
- Accuracy: @ 10yd, the pellets are stacking.
- Power (Phone Book Chrony) w/ CP 14.3: Penetration before = 0.311. Penetration after = 0.443. Awesome power increase, got to get a chrony
- Cost: Yes it did L
- Time Spent: About 45 hours.
Thanks again folks,
- damn that is nice - Trevor on Aug 19, 2012, 9:48 PM
- its missing one thing - robny on Aug 19, 2012, 10:00 PM
- Hole-lee cowl! - dan house on Aug 19, 2012, 10:08 PM
- Thanks Guys - Thanks to help from the forum :-) ! nt - WyoMan on Aug 19, 2012, 10:33 PM
- Classy - Chris on Aug 19, 2012, 11:17 PM
- Wyo, weight is 4.5 lbs? is that a typo? how did get that heavy? n/t - james perotti on Aug 20, 2012, 6:35 AM
- That's a right purdy shootin' stick ya got there WyoMan! - Andy on Aug 20, 2012, 6:48 AM
- Great Parts List - Larry on Aug 20, 2012, 5:16 PM