The (new) Crosman Forum, your first and last stop for all things Crosman

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine w/Custom Stock

Here's one I'm especially proud of and is modded all over, doing 12fpe at 15 pumps.
Stock is Teak from Thailand and super light weight 1322 Carbine!

Return to Index  

E-mail replied to Steve.

April 24 2017 at 5:15 PM

Mike T.  (Login TKO22)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 68.15.228.128

Response to Super sear/TKO trigger

We made the first batch of the 1911 triggers in the narrow version about 4 years ago. Sold or gave away the 100 we made in about 4-5 months. Previous to the 1911 style, we made a batch of 50 wide blade triggers that more followed the factory profile, with a more upright finger blade. Those were anodized in several colors and sold out pretty fast.

This is a picture of the 2-stage trigger we came up with that has a early wide blade TKO trigger. (Note the similarity of the original TKO design of the drop sear and primary sear and the current Marauder pistol trigger. We made and sold 25 sets of the TKO 2-stage parts about 2 years before the Marauder pistol was introduced.

[linked image]

We also made a small batch of 25 of the 2-piece adjustable wide blades:

[linked image]
[linked image]

They sold well but were labor intensive, and this is a hobby for me, and I would rather go golfing or trap shooting than work any more!

---

We then made a batch of wide blade versions and sold those 50 in about 6 months.

We had several comments that the narrow blade version actually "felt" better.

Comparison photo:

[linked image]
(The black stuff on the wideblade is a machining wax)

We can cut and finish 100 of the narrow 1911 triggers in the time it takes to cut, machine, finish 10 of the wide blade versions. The wide blade version also required a wire EDM'd fixture to clamp the triggers to the mill to machine the flats. Since we don't have EDM equipment, the fixture was around $600 to have produced. (We traded out some contract work for the tooling.) The fixture is an amazing piece of engineering, as the triggers are only clamped once, and the CNC mill flips the fixture over when finishing each side. The time on the mill was slowing more profitable work because of the long setup time. And we would scrap 6-7 triggers before it was ready to run production.

Also ... 1/8" 5052 is about 1/3 the cost of 1/4" 5052 plate aluminum. If you have ever watched 52,000 psi water and garnet cut plate aluminum, you will know that 1/8" aluminum will "flutter" less that 1/4" plate when cutting the same profile. That flutter causes the part to move around during the last few mm of the cutting process. So the 1/4" part must be cut slower. When running 52K psi with an abrasive water slurry, the ceramic nozzles wear a bit. The faster you can cut and still have the required surface finish the better.

So... We regressed to the narrow blade. I play more golf, and sell just as many triggers!

[linked image]

Thanks guys.

Steve and I will post up our results... hoping they are compatible.

MIke T.
TKO22.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486

This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member