The (new) Crosman Forum, your first and last stop for all things Crosman

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine w/Custom Stock

Here's one I'm especially proud of and is modded all over, doing 12fpe at 15 pumps.
Stock is Teak from Thailand and super light weight 1322 Carbine!

Return to Index  

Late to the party again, but I have tried the combo.....

April 27 2017 at 6:03 PM

Rich D.  (Login Arkmaker)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 72.251.104.139

Response to Super sear/TKO trigger

I've been a pimp for the Super Sear since the first one I had. Not going to replace the 1701P full trigger mod, but it gives me a nice 2-stage trigger with minimal fuss. Enough advertizing!!

Now, the truth is I like the looks of the TKO trigger a lot, but the blade is a little to thin for my pansy old man fingers. Starts to bother me after 10-20 shots. When I had it mounted with the stock sear, things were not as bad, because I squeezed up the sear spring a little and that made for a better feel on my poor old index finger.

Because the super sear works best with a stock strength sear spring, (my opinion only), when combined with the thinner TKO blade, it took a lot of the enjoyment out of shooting because of that cutting into my finger feeling. I ended up back with a stock trigger. If I lessened the sear spring tension with the Super Sear, I lost the stop at the end of the 1st stage.

OK, so the TKO does work with the super sear, but not as I would like it. Any chance for a wider blade or a shoe in the future and I would definitely try it all over again.

Just my two cents worth. Both you guys are great and I have used both your stuff without any regrets and many many smiles to boot. Keep making it and I'll keep buying it happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486

This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member