Is this crazy or will it work??April 29 2017 at 10:34 PM
ray1377 (Login ray1377)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 184.108.40.206
I have a slow leak on my benjamin discovery.
I've listened and don't hear any "hissing" or releasing of air.
I've taken it apart and replaced all the o-rings in the pressure tube.
The two on the front side of the valve, the two around the gauge block, and the one at the filler end.
I also replaced the little o-ring underneath the pressure gauge.
And it still has a slow leak.
I'm thinking one of two places.
Either the check valve in the foster fill fitting, or the exhaust valve?
I can't really check the exhaust valve short of replacing either it or the entire valve assembly.
But I did have a thought how to check the foster fitting.
Could I not take a kids party balloon and fix it around the filler port with a zip tip or something and then see if the balloon expands over a short period?
Would this not tell me if it got a slow leak there?
|This message has been edited by ray1377 from IP address 220.127.116.11 on Apr 29, 2017 10:36 PM|
- Yes -- to both. Yes it might work and yes it's (pretty) crazy. - Steve in NC on Apr 29, 2017, 10:40 PM
- Re: Is this crazy or will it work?? - Bio on Apr 30, 2017, 4:03 AM
- Likely more than you need... - gubb33ps on Apr 30, 2017, 9:05 AM
- Iv'e done this on co2 and pcp guns. Take the action out of the stock, - James Perotti on May 1, 2017, 5:46 PM
- Well I got her pressurized back up and - ray1377 on May 1, 2017, 9:16 PM
- Valve stem seals can leak as well - - SteveV on May 2, 2017, 4:40 AM
- Well I checked it - ray1377 on May 2, 2017, 8:02 AM