The (new) Crosman Forum, your first and last stop for all things Crosman

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine w/Custom Stock

Here's one I'm especially proud of and is modded all over, doing 12fpe at 15 pumps.
Stock is Teak from Thailand and super light weight 1322 Carbine!

Return to Index  

Hammer questions

June 18 2017 at 7:06 AM
Steve  (Login fieldpoint)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 96.236.138.154

I am building a 1340 of sorts and want to replace the hammer with the 1377 hammer. I know the stock 2240 sear won't engage the 1377 hammer but I will be making a custom sear to accommodate the hammer and the paintball grip I am going to use. Question is will the smaller hammer open the valve enough for any reasonable performance? I am going to use a 7 inch barrel and I'm going more for a look than performance. Accuracy is more important to me than power so a fairly low velocity is OK. A second question is how much power can I make up (if needed) with the hammer spring.

Another question is what material would you pick for the sear and how hard would you make the sear. I was thinking an old file might work. Would it be hardened all the way through or just the contact points. I never made a sear but have done a few folding knives and tools for work.

Grip is like this:https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/paintballgate_2268_64060604

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486

This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member