The (new) Crosman Forum, your first and last stop for all things Crosman

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine w/Custom Stock

Here's one I'm especially proud of and is modded all over, doing 12fpe at 15 pumps.
Stock is Teak from Thailand and super light weight 1322 Carbine!

Return to Index  

Thanx to Photobucket, Green forum may be moving.......

August 31 2017 at 2:28 PM

CFadmin  (Premier Login CFadmin)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 153.90.48.254

Dont get excited just yet..... still a lot of information the green forum migration (GFM) team has to wade thru and digest.

BUT.....

some things you should know.....

First, It'll need a new name. Might offer a contest for the best new forum name. It'll have to include "green" and "Crosman"

Second, everyone will have to register and log in again. Knicknames or "handles" will be allowed, as will avatars......

Lastly, and maybe most important.... I seriously doubt we can import or migrate the existing NW54 forum to the new site, in its entirety. Have two approaches to that at the moment, one is keep this up, but locked for a while and direct people to the new site, and or use some archiving software to "snapshot" this forum, and have that image/file set available for distribution somehow (dependent on how big that winds up being).....

From the start, we'd keep it very similar to the structure you see here, and add a couple sub forums for PCPs, Crosman springers and a document library. More could be added as it gets underway and we get feedback on structure and content.

Moving to dedicated forum platform software will help make up the short comings of the NW54 environment, add much to the user experience, allow us to host our own fotos/documents and add some features that are cumbersome at best on NW54. Messaging between members, smileys, text controls (bold, italic etc) and formatting, and many others that Ive been asked about during my tenure as admin.... and there may be more but Ive not been that deep into the software yet to see if the other features I'd like from an admin POV are there. More on that as it develops........

Two things I am pretty sure of: they'll be more opportunity for direct user involvement (sub forum admins, moderators, editorials, graphics) and possibly advertising to help defray the costs. Costs are, at least by my cocktail napkin math, are a wash from the current setup to the new one, and the better layout of it means the ads wont be "in yer face" as they are on other forums. That'll be an evolving process too.....

Thoughts?
""

This message has been edited by CFadmin from IP address 153.90.48.254 on Aug 31, 2017 2:48 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486

This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member