logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What determines eye relief? Also, recommend a scope.

November 29 2005 at 8:34 PM
  (Login SpacemanSpooge)
from IP address 69.219.164.86

What determines the proper distance from the scope to the shooter's eye?

Also, can anybody recommend a good pistol scope for my 2240? Most of the pistol scopes that I have seen have parallax set at 50 yards... Not good for an air pistol. Red dots are out. I want a conventional scope with medium to long relief, and at least 2x magnification.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Izzie
(Login Izzie45895)
Crosman Forum Member

Here ya go..........

November 29 2005, 9:10 PM 

Burris Handgun Scope 3-12x 32mm Long Eye Relief Adjustable Objective Plex Reticle

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=495411

Sweet - but expensive!! Burris is the only quality manufacturer that I've found with all the requirements that you've outlined.

Iz

Respond to this message   

(Login SpacemanSpooge)

Ouch!

November 29 2005, 9:33 PM 

Hmmm... Maybe I'll have to re-think this a bit. Perhaps a shotgun scope? They have medium eye relief if I understand correctly. I'm not sure about the parallax though. I seem to remember that Jim Chapman uses them on his 2240's with good results. Any thoughts or experience?

Respond to this message   

(Login Izzie45895)
Crosman Forum Member

Optics are always a tradeoff.....

November 29 2005, 9:51 PM 

At 2x, I personally don't see that much of a parallax issue with a 2x scope inside of around 15 yds. I'm sure it's there, but......... The higher the mag, the more of a factor it becomes.

I've got 3 of the BSA 2x20 pistol scopes. They let me shoot my pistols like a pistol. The closest I shoot is around 15 yds, and at that magnification and range they do good. You can get them for about $40 at SportsmansGuide IIRC.

I'd really love to have one of the Burris scopes. I just can't justify it. For the way I shoot my pistols(15 - 30 yds), the BSA's work well.

Pick you pistol up and sight it like you normally would. See how far away the scope would be from your eye - purchase accordingly. There's a lot of hype out there.

Iz

Respond to this message   

(Login Biohazardman)

BSA makes an inexpensive little...

November 29 2005, 9:52 PM 

2X20 scope If you want to hold it at arms length. I use rifle scopes on some of my pistols as well because of the adjustable objectives available for way less money. Some of the shotgun scopes are parelaxed at forty yards. So should be OK. Just have to pay attention and see that you look through the middle of the scope and then parrellax is not such a big problem.

I used to have a life. But now I have the forum. I am a sick man?

Respond to this message   

(Login SpacemanSpooge)

Bingo!

November 29 2005, 10:03 PM 

I assume you're referring to this one...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=70786

If there aren't too many problems with the parallax error, I'm going to get that one. Does it come with rings? The website doesn't specify.

Thanks for your help!

Respond to this message   

(Login Biohazardman)

Yup lots of us like it ...

November 29 2005, 10:05 PM 

compact lightweight and not expensive. Can't beat it for the price.

I used to have a life. But now I have the forum. I am a sick man?

Respond to this message   

(Login smoke_eater)
Crosman Forum Member

I've been oogling the Swift 2x 663 scope because...

November 30 2005, 11:58 AM 

it's only 7.2 inches in length--the shortest I've found so far (and over an inch shorter than the BSA.) Does anyone have experience with this model? It sure would look good on a 1740.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - What determines eye relief? Also, recommend a scope.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486