logo by smgunner

Crosman999's Sheridan

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Trigger mods on a 1377

September 30 2006 at 6:44 PM
  (Login aslap)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 67.165.84.176

I just did some of the things that I've seen here concerning the 1377 trigger. Polished up the surfaces; squeezed the spring down some; lubed it up and it seems to make a big difference!

Have to get outside to shoot but in the basement at about 20' I just dropped three shots right on top of one another. Never did that before even at that distance. Just a couple of pumps with Gamo magnums. It feels much smoother.

You guys are good!!

Tony

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lou
(Login SonicLou)

Can you give me a step by step

September 30 2006, 7:00 PM 

On how you did that? I have a 1377, but never took it apart...Thanks...Lou

This message has been edited by SonicLou from IP address 72.90.231.189 on Sep 30, 2006 7:04 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login aslap)
Crosman Forum Member

I found everything I needed to know right here

September 30 2006, 7:17 PM 

If you search around here you'll find all of the information you need. Search for "trigger mods".

1. Get the grip frame off the gun. Be careful with the safety spring and little tiny ball. These two parts have a tendency to fly out of the frame and wind up God knows where never to be seen again.

2. Open up the frame by undoing the two screws on the frame plate.

3. The whole trigger/sear/spring is now right there. Very simple when you look at it. You can see where the contact points are.

4. I took the spring and loaded it onto a toggle bolt and then screwed the toggle down onto the spring to compress it to about 60% of its previous size. This reduces the spring effort. I would imagine that you could do more here but this is all I did.

5. I have a drill press with a polishing wheel and I loaded it up with the red (rouge) polishing agent and then polished to a mirror finish the contact points where the trigger meets the sear and where the sear meets the hammer.

6. I lubed the contact points with some kind of grease I had laying around. I use this stuff for lubing my weedwhacker.

7. Reassemble and you will find, hopefully, a noticeable smoother trigger. I did.

8. When you reassemble everything, take some of the grease you used for the lube job and put it into the hole where the safety spring and ball came out of. Next time you take the frame apart, they won't go flying across the room.

Good Luck!!!

Tony

Respond to this message   
Lou
(Login SonicLou)

Thanks Tony

September 30 2006, 7:22 PM 

I'll give it a try soon...Thanks...Lou

Respond to this message   
ricdoug
(Login ricdoug)

Illustrated, Lou...

September 30 2006, 8:45 PM 

The heavy trigger of the Crosman 1377C seems to be it's only caveat. Here is a simple, effective fix. Remove the pistol grips (2 screws). Remove the only spring you see (1377-080). Slide this spring (1377-080) over a screwdriver and overcompress the spring with a large washer. Put the spring (1377-080) back into the pistol. If the spring is too light, the action will not work properly and the pistol will go off during pumping. If this the case, remove the spring (1377-080) and stretch it and put back into the pistol. A 2-pound pull seems to be a good combination of safety/functionality. As I understand, this mod works for many Crosman airguns. Ric

Respond to this message   
ricdoug
(Login ricdoug)

Nice job, Tony. The 1377's can be made sweet shooters without big bucks. nt

September 30 2006, 8:46 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login aslap)
Crosman Forum Member

It was your post that spurred me on! Thanks nt

October 1 2006, 8:49 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Trigger mods on a 1377
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486