logo by smgunner

Crosman999's Sheridan

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

760 powermaster

December 28 2008 at 2:34 PM
  (Login grvdigger1)
from IP address 76.19.60.38

Hello guys I have an old 760 that doesn't hold air at all it belonged to one of my Boy Scouts and he gave it to me to try to fix it so he could give it back to his grandfather for his next birthday. whitch o rings should I start with to see if it's worth repairing????

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login dixda)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: 760 powermaster

December 28 2008, 3:11 PM 

There is a thread on this subject, just scroll down a bit and you should find it. KD

Respond to this message   
rob
(Login ehbob)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: 760 powermaster

December 28 2008, 7:26 PM 

crooked barn has everything you need just did one for my dad. It was $35.00 for a pre 1970 760

Respond to this message   

Bill S.
(Login tripleguy)
Crosman Forum Member

Precision Pellet for seals

December 29 2008, 8:31 AM 

I can't imagine seals for that rifle costing more than $15.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

Respond to this message   

Kevin
(Login firmink)
Crosman Forum Member

Seal Kits

December 29 2008, 2:28 PM 

Hi,

You can also try B&A @ http://www.bryanandac.com/parts.htm; they have pretty much every part you can imagine. Re-seal kits come with all the parts, diagrams, and instructions. They may not be cheap though, I think I paid about 28$ for my 760 kit a couple years ago. But the thing still holds air today like it did when I got it as a gift in 1977.

Take Care,

Respond to this message   

(Login johnny366)
Crosman Forum Member

alan at abairgun.com

December 29 2008, 8:47 PM 

always fast returns and very reasonable. if this is a self cocker and you've never done one, my advice is to send it to alan. if it's the later one you have to cock yourself, you should be able to do it. they are easy.

Respond to this message   
Jonathan Williams
(Login jlwilliams)

Self Cocker Difficulty?

January 2 2009, 5:30 PM 

What is in the self cocker that makes it so difficult? I have an old 760 self cocker that needs resealing. Althoung I never technically 'resealed' it I have disassembled it and re-asssembled it with no problems. I was using the parts from 2 guns to get one to shoot and it did for a while, but now it gave up. I was contemplating whether to send it to Alan or just order a kit.

Respond to this message   

(Login johnny366)
Crosman Forum Member

self cocker

January 2 2009, 11:31 PM 

the self cocker uses the same type valve system as several of the pistols made by crosman and the 140/1400 rifles. the difficulty to me is the small cap at the rear of the valve assembly. it has a small oring type seal inside that is not round like a regular oring, but has a flat inside, outside, front and rear. i think i've heard it called a quad seal. (not sure on this) you have to get the old seal out of this cap and replace it with the new seal. the old seal is usually hardened and hard to get out. this has to be cleaned very thoroughly, then the new seal has to be placed inside this cap. i don't know what tools alan uses to do this but i've had a lot of problems with this one little seal. the others aren't bad at all just this one. if this one doesn't seal properly the gun will not self cock and the seal will not hold.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 760 powermaster
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486