logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman 102 Rebuild Information

January 18 2010 at 8:27 AM

(Login larspawn)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 76.226.104.148

Can anybody point me to a source/parts list for a 102 seal rebuild? I have a rifle in the mail that will need to be rebuilt. I've never seen one let alone work on one. Any tips would be appreciated.

Andy Wong aka larspawn

Andy Wong aka larspawn@ameritech.net

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login foxback)
Crosman Forum Member

Try here.....

January 18 2010, 10:27 AM 

http://www.airgunartisans.com/AARepair.htm

Just make a few calls & your set.
Good luck.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Jon B.
(Login eeler1)
Crosman Forum Member

Also,

January 18 2010, 2:04 PM 

do a search on this forum, and in the archives, for the 101 and 102, both use the same seals, iirc. There used to be quite a bit of info and pictures.

Respond to this message   

(Login arathol1)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: Crosman 102 Rebuild Information

January 18 2010, 3:01 PM 

what it looks like-

later post war 102
[linked image]

prewar (ca1938) 102
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

bits and pieces-

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

You'll need a tool like this to disassemble the gun-

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login larspawn)
Crosman Forum Member

Dave thanks

January 18 2010, 3:07 PM 

Okay that's a good start. I tried to search this morning but the search engine on network54 was down again. I'll try again.

Regarding the tool. Looks like a deep well socket made into a spanner. I have one I made for the QB valves. Hope I get lucky and it is the same size.

Are the seals standard sizes?

Andy

Andy Wong aka larspawn@ameritech.net

Respond to this message   

(Login arathol1)
Crosman Forum Member

yes, the tool can be made

January 18 2010, 4:00 PM 

from a socket rather easily. Might be the same as the QB since its a Crosman clone.
The only seal that can be called standard is the pump cup. Its the same seal as used on any other Crosman pumper. Best bet is to get a complete reseal kit from a repair shop such as http://www.bryanandac.com/.

You will probably need to disassemble the gun in order to get the right seals as there are a few variations of stem and check valve designs.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login tripleguy)
Crosman Forum Member

Reseal question for Dave

January 18 2010, 7:08 PM 

Sorry - not trying to hijack but this question is relevent to the post. I went through my 101 completely and just am not happy with velocity. Only getting mid 500s on 10 pumps. I had an o-ring groove cut into the brass valve body and replaced the old leather pump cup with a 140 linkage and cup. All seals are new. Linkage is adjusted properly. When pumped, slight sound of air bubbles from barrel end telling me valve stem is passing some gas or I need to tighten down the valve locking ring. When I fire the gun, no air left in it but I hear the slightest sound of a few residual air bubbles exiting the gun (again, hearing it from the barrel end). Wonder if I have some residual air trapped in the front of the valve face ahead of the pump cup? I'm thinking I might need to change out my springs as they are original and the gun is an early (1927 or so) model. Am I on the right track?

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

Respond to this message   

(Login arathol1)
Crosman Forum Member

couple suggestions

January 18 2010, 9:23 PM 

Its possible that the stem seal is leaking. Does it have a conical or flat seal? The old style conical seal stem is a bit fragile, and sometimes they get bent a bit making it impossible to get it to seal.

Its also possible that the seal between the upper and lower chamber halves is leaking. I find that the flimsy seal supplied with most seal kits is not adequate. A good replacement is the urethane o-ring that goes on the top of a paintball tank ASA valve. Make sure all the remnants of the old seal are gone also. The original seals were just heavy paper glued in place. Its important to get all the glue off the seal seat.

Another possibility, and one thats a real possibility, is the new cup seal. I've found a real inconsistancy in seal sizes with the new pump rods. I just did a 140 that had a new cup seal installed, it too was shooting in the low 500s. After trying a couple different new cups I got it to the upper 600s. The newer black hard rubber seals are quite often a bit undersized for the 101s also. You may have to locate one of the softer clear urethane cups that are a bit larger and replace the black seal.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Bill S.
(Login tripleguy)
Crosman Forum Member

Thanks Dave - I believe you're right

January 19 2010, 6:42 PM 

I took the valve out and that flimsey valve body half seal looks like it might be the culprit. All other seals look OK - stem is conical but hard clear plastic seal. I replaced all of these a year ago and never was happy with the performance. I think the pump cup is also a reason I don't build good pressure - I'll try and find a clear one as they seem bigger?? I noticed that if I pumped it more (say 12 times) it would of course build more pressure but leak and now I suspect that flimsey seal. I'll try a PB tank seal per your suggestion and get a new pump cup.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

Respond to this message   
Larry
(Login Larry91730)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: Thanks Dave - I believe you're right

October 28 2011, 2:16 PM 

Last one I worked on was the third varient.... about a 1948.
The compression chamber wouldn't come out of the receiver, I
had to unscrew the pump tube from the receiver. The compression
chamber was a tight fit in the pump tube, with all the crud and
rust from the electrolysis from the dis-similiar metals. I
sealed it with a square o-ring when I re-assembled the gun.
Another o-ring cut into the very front of the compression
chamber would eliminate a lot of "dead" air on those guns.

I found most of the pump cups to be a loose fit in the pump
tube. Finally found one that got me into the mid-600's for
velocity. Adequate but definitely not a power-house by any
means.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Crosman 102 Rebuild Information
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486