logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1700P vs 22xx breech information.

January 12 2011 at 6:24 PM
A.R. Tinkerer  (Login d.barr)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 70.41.248.225

I just received a 1700P breech and parts in the mail today! Plan to modify my 2300KT with it. Here is what I have found so far.

1) The 22xx steel breech & 1700P breech are the same length.
2) When the ends are lined up, the rear sight slot lines up, but the cocking slot and transfer port hole don't.
3) There are dimension differences in the loading slot (knew there would be).
4) When the Marauder rifle barrel top slots line up with the set screw holes in the top of the 1700P breech, the back of the barrel is flush with the front of the loading slot. However, the transfer port hole in the barrel doesn't line up.
5) When the transfer port hole in the Marauder barrel is lined up with the hole in the breech, the back of the barrel sticks into the loading slot - probably about the same as the Marauder guns.
6) The Marauder rifle bolt assembly is too big for the 1700P breech. (Anyone interested in buying a .22 caliber, Marauder rifle bolt assembly [2263A102]?)
[edit]
7) The pellet tray is machined from black plastic (delrin?) and is expensive ($17.85!).
[end edit]

I'll use a cut down Discovery tube for the air tube, so I'm glad I haven't cut the slots and holes yet. I have to figure out how much to move them.

If anyone is interested, I'll post pictures comparing the two when I take them.

Thanks,
AR

This message has been edited by d.barr from IP address 70.41.248.225 on Jan 12, 2011 6:30 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login fivestar45)
Crosman Forum Member

I'm very interested

January 12 2011, 7:14 PM 

I had thoughts along the same lines. So keep up the good work Tink, and I'd appreciate you posting pic's.
AR

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 1700P vs 22xx breech information.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486