logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

"hooked" a new shooter

April 20 2011 at 4:07 PM
  (Login Jonnie001)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 69.178.65.70

I have this friend who was showing interest in airguns. I loaned him my benji 392. He wasn't impressed, too hard to pump.
But yesterday, I brought by my modified 2250b, and he's hooked! I believe his exact words were: "I gotta get me one of these!" We were plinking at cans and such in his backyard, and he consistently hit small targets such as caps off bottles.
The only problem is crosman has decided to discontinue the 2250b, and as2250xt. But I believe one can be found, just have to look a little harder. Or maybe Roy over at mountainair can whip something up for him. But we have a new shooter, and he's definitely hooked!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login raydj)
Crosman Forum Member

I hooked one a few weeks ago too.

April 20 2011, 4:12 PM 

Took him to our regularly scheduled FT match and loaned him my RWS/Hammerli 850 HPA. He did pretty well, too. I believe he's looking real hard at a Marauder now. Next project will be to get him into the PFT ranks wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Jonnie
(Login Jonnie001)
Crosman Forum Member

that cool

April 20 2011, 5:49 PM 

it must be nice having a group of airgunners that you can schedule matches and such. I often wonder how well an airgun club would go over here. gotta look into that...

Respond to this message   

fa
(Login Fidel_in_PR)
Crosman Forum Member

just find a 2240 and slap a barrel, stock and breech on it !

April 20 2011, 5:47 PM 

... modding them is way more fun than just buying one off the shelf. Then he'll want to mod the trigger, valve, transfer port, bling, an LDC, bulk, HPA, then he'll want a second one and start all over again ... does it ever end ? LOL

Last option is going thru the "custom" shop.

you're scared ? go get a dog ... I'd rather die standing than live on my knees

Respond to this message   

(Login threex4)
Crosman Forum Member

although the 2250b is no longer made

April 20 2011, 6:15 PM 

you could order from the crosman custom shop, bone stock, around 100 bucks than do what ever mods you need to do. good thing on the custom shop gun is that it comes with the steel breech and not the plastic one that was on the 2250b. the 2250 xt is gone as well and you cant get that it from the custom sho, so your out of luck getting a new one. but if you check the classifieds here and on the yellow, you might get lucky.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - "hooked" a new shooter
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486