logo by smgunner

Crosman999's Sheridan

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

hey phil are the internals of benji pump same as the

May 16 2012 at 5:08 PM

(Login robnewyork)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 166.248.0.169

Airforce pump.? Just got a rebuildable ffor 50 shipped..was wondering if you have done these.?

[linked image]
"i never was much for book learnin"

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Phil
(Login Duane30)
Crosman Forum Member

Hey, Rob. The modern AirForce pumps are the same as the Benji.

May 16 2012, 6:14 PM 

The first generation is a bit different in design, but use some of the same o-rings as the Benji and modern Air Force pump. The first generation AirForce pump uses a collar at the base of the pump tube with the air filter fastened to ithttp://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9460

Give Kim (? I think that is her name) an email shout at Sun Optics. Tell her you need a seal kit for the pump that yours has failed. She, or they, will get a complete kit out to you. I was not charged for mine. Can't gurantee it will be free.

The pumps are a snap to repair. I am not sure why so many people shy away from the task and report horrible experience when they do it. The best advice I can give is to tear the pump completely down THEN replace the o-rings while you put it back together. Clean the parts as you go.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

This message has been edited by Duane30 from IP address 74.140.196.166 on May 16, 2012 6:22 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login robnewyork)
Crosman Forum Member

i may bug u for help but sounds like a plan!!! thx

May 16 2012, 7:26 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login Duane30)
Crosman Forum Member

Not a problem at all, Rob.

May 16 2012, 10:27 PM 

Sun will also send a few pages of instructions along with the rings. The only 'seal' that isn't included is the rubber ball located under the snap ring. Don't lose it!

Not sure if Sun supplied the orinignal Air Force pump or not.

Some will hate me for this... I honestly feel that the Benjiman pump is superior to many other pumps out there in its design concepts. Although the principals of a three stage pumps are the same across the board, much like the internal combustion engine, the Benji pump, or Air Force pump, some of the design characteristics I feel are better. For example, the base of the tube fitting. Solid brass, not aluminum; the long threading it has; the way the check seal is housed - very robust fitting; the upper end brass fitting very robust too.

Honestly, IMO, I think much of the failure issues have to do with what the factory (China?)is using to lube them for assembly. Over lubed, and lubed with the wrong stuff. I read how many people say how Sun told them 30wt motor oil, etc. Well, I was told to use nothing but silicone. That was a no brainer. Use only silicone grease or oil to assemble it. Just a dab for the orings. Get them wet then lightly wipe them off. Be sure there is no excessive build up of oil/grease in the third stage check seal area. When mine was taken apart, loads of black, nasty crud came out like a turd. Now, pumps that have been sent to me for repair, they were spotless compared to the Benji pump. Mine didn't fail, just knew it was dirty. Curiosity got the best of me, so out came the tools.

One word of caution is to NOT mar up the metal surfaces with tools;) The only part that will give you issue is the central tube used for the first stage. It is held captive by the ends which attach to the third stage tube (inner most tube). Use strap wrenches on each end and turn. Again, you mar up some of the inner surfaces, the pump may never work again!

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

Respond to this message   

(Login robnewyork)
Crosman Forum Member

dammit phil

May 16 2012, 10:39 PM 

I might just send u the pump and a free gun, the third stage defeated me last time on the fx.we will see.i seeem to be able to diss and reassemble any gun no issue so ill have a look first...im not gonna sweat it dont need it till disco 25 bullpup is done.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login Duane30)
Crosman Forum Member

You will be fine...

May 16 2012, 10:52 PM 

...just to save any potential issues, get a pair of strap wrenches, a cheap/generic pair will be just fine.

Respond to this message   

(Login robnewyork)
Crosman Forum Member

ill let ya know how it goes.thx again

May 17 2012, 8:37 AM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - hey phil are the internals of benji pump same as the
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486