photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo ef7e91f7-efed-4c80-9d93-6fb3d862a8cc_zps0bafaaa9.jpg

Barry McGee's Custom 2300

Cothrane stainless tube, left handed breech, power adjuster,
Lothar 10" barrel, H.P.A.sports co2 cap, Clague ldc,1701 trigger group,
Stace trigger, Rick Andres grips and a Mueller quick shot reflex sight.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

managed a few more over the chrony

June 18 2012 at 11:59 PM

dan house  (Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 71.210.114.92

between layers of 'glas

and forgot my notes at the lab

2900 fill , two more turns of pre laod and one more turn CW of the other (but dont know where it started happy.gif )

24 shots over 705, second meg of the sequence clocked a 806.9, 803.5, 805.5, 805,9

Also ran 2 mags of Crow Mag @18.3 iirc, those were clcoking 740-770, but started faling off halfway thru the second mag. used a lot of gas so i wasnt about to run it down when you could see the beahviour

I forgot to bring the adjsutemtn documents with me. Tomorrow night I;ll get settings and post them

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
[linked image]
the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

robny
(Login robnewyork)
Crosman Forum Member

has it gotten quieter or louder with new settings and hdd?

June 19 2012, 12:03 AM 

[linked image]
"i never was much for book learnin"

Respond to this message   

dan house
(Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member

both

June 19 2012, 10:07 AM 

its louder in that the bigger TP allows more air, and therefore more bark at the muzzle (even with the MM extension...) quieter in that the HDD makes the report a quick short snap. Outside its very quiet when you shoot it somewhere with nothng to reflect the noise back to you.....

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
Crosman Forum Member

so shorter duration more snap..makes sense

June 19 2012, 11:35 AM 

As long as its manageable.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

dan house
(Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member

good description

June 19 2012, 2:01 PM 

now I need a regulator.....

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

buster
(Login threex4)
Crosman Forum Member

Dan, you have one very exceptional PRod

June 19 2012, 8:16 AM 

I havent seen of anyone getting readings like yours.
your gun reminds me of a story of a carburetor made back in the '50's that would get 100 mpg and when it was on a car that was sold to an emploryee, they put a lock box around it and told him if he ever needed work on his car to bring it back to the facrtory.
either you have a very exceptionaly, different Prod than others or your doing something totally wrong when you test. I dont think your doing any thing wrong when you test, but if you ever want to trade guns, and want a normal to below average gun , let me know happy.gif.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

Respond to this message   

dan house
(Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member

Well, I kinda wish I was doing something wrong :)

June 19 2012, 10:34 AM 

exceptional P rod... maybe....  Me doing soemthiong wrong.... doubt it. the guns performance over the clock is consistant with other shooting other guns over it. Or Ive been doing it wrong for everything Ive ever chrony'd (which is always possible....) happy.gif

when it started climbing into the high 700,s it started having some recoil/movement, which it didnt have at the factory speeds (670), or even into the 700's

But 5 shots at 800 aint gonna help, when the gun si capable of shooting all 24 (my shot count target) at over 700.. The question is: WHY is this gun so hot? Even 18.3 gr pels shot at 770, but shot count was about a mga and a half.

Why is it doing this? I think knowing the setup will help answer the why, and help tune the thing down to 24 consisitent shots. And why is mine so hot, and Buster's anemic?

two things immedidatley come to mind: the 800 shots were taken with 13.4 grain pels, and I'm testing at 4500 feet. Beyond that , I dont know. Bu tI intend to find out

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
Crosman Forum Member

whats soo funny is people have bragged on the forums about 20 fpe prods

June 19 2012, 12:13 PM 

And yours does it accidentally..i remember a forum member getting longer barrels and maximizing spring and hammer and all that in the long term goal of 25 fpe..dont even know if that ever happened i know it got close.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

buster
(Login threex4)
Crosman Forum Member

I've gotta agree with ya rob

June 19 2012, 12:27 PM 

they were always looking for the higher numbers, but like you, I dont recall any one posting Dans numbers, stock. Me I'm just trying to get something stock but I have to adjust max settings to get them.
who knows, maybe with a new stock spring, ( mine just may be weak, even though its almost new) it might do better , fingers crossed. hopefully I can go back to my original settings ( for which I recorded) and get Dan's numbers. happy.gifhappy.gif

Buster
\\\ X ////

Respond to this message   

dan house
(Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member

hehe and I'm trying to get it to calm down

June 19 2012, 2:00 PM 

24 consistent shots.... its in there....

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

buster
(Login threex4)
Crosman Forum Member

using lighter pellets, I can understand the numbers,

June 19 2012, 12:16 PM 

lighter will shooot faster, thats why manufacture's will use the lightest pellet to test their gun sith, why so many shoot over 1000 fps.
being 4500 feet above sea level may have something to do with it, IIRC higher atmosphere lighter air density? Me , being only 770 feet above sea level, I'm not sure. but the heat, humity also play into the equation.
now my gun may have a weak spring. replaceing it with a slightly heavier did bring up the numbers, both with 14.3 & 15.9 pellets. I'll have to test them with the 13.4 pellets I have to see if those numbers will get me higher.
I ordered a couple of new hammer springs and soon as they arrive I will test some more with them to see if there is any difference in stock springs.
was told by another to cook my springs when I get them. I had a cr2200 spring which I cut down to 1.8 " OL ( stock spring is 1.6" OL)and cooked it over the weekend while I was cooking the fathers day meal. I havent installed it yet, but hopefully will soon.
While Sunday was Fathers day, yesterday was my Birthday and the wife took off from work to go see Prometheus with me. It was a slightly OK movie, but, if you haven't seen it yet, I wont tell you about it. Go see it and be supprised at the ending, all I'm gonna say about it.

Buster
\\\ X ////

Respond to this message   

dan house
(Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member

And given its perfromance with the 18 grainers

June 19 2012, 1:54 PM 

makes me wonder if I could get enough shot count on them to make it worth setting up.

that would be the smack down for running counter-ops on the gopher mounds......

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

buster
(Login threex4)
Crosman Forum Member

June 19 2012, 12:25 PM 

This message has been edited by threex4 from IP address 72.177.220.213 on Jun 19, 2012 12:25 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486