logo by smgunner

Crosman999's Sheridan

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Adding a graphic to your NW54 Signature

July 30 2012 at 12:25 PM

dan house  (Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 153.90.162.47

Just below the Messgae Text window are 3 sub-options: Image Services, Options and Signature Type. Ignore Image Services.

Make sure "Include Signature" is checked.

"Signature Type" should have a a "+" sing in a wee little box followed by "Formatted Text Signature". Click on the plus sign

When you clcik the plus sign, another smaller text entry box will open. The contents of this box will control what your sig displays

you can entry text directly and/or add a link to your graphic (like I have for my rifle). To add a graphic simply paste the "img." URL from Photobucket (or any other image hosting site; the built in NW54 image options have size and format restrictions and will expire your graphic after a few days) as a new line in the sig edit box.

Here is the contents of mine, displaying my mighty rifle:

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
[linked image]
the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic

You may have to try using the different URL's from your image host to get the image to display. AFAIK, you cannot apply any font formatting to the sig text

After you have the text and URL's in to your satisfaction, hit the "Preview" button and see how it looks. repeat these instructions until you like it then finish a message and hit the post button. We will all then oo and awe over how cool it is.

NOTE: BIG NOTE: This sig will display on every message you post to ANY NW54 forum. Your sig will get processed using the builtin serach for using Google to search the forum. Reason I mention it is I know many of us green guys post over on the Yellow forum, and that forum's management has decreed to not have a list of your guns in your sig file. So be aware of what the "local" rules are, and build your sig to be as benign as possible across the span of NW54 forums you frequent. Oh and the sig will only display in NW54 forums. If you visit Yahoo forums, the sig process is different (and no I dont know how that works for Yahoo)

Your Homework Assignment: Build your sig and post a message so we can see it.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login airgunandy)
Crosman Forum Member

Thanks Dan-O!

July 30 2012, 12:56 PM 

If Network 54 will expire the graphic in a few days how do you keep yours going?
Do you have to do frequent maintenance to keep the photo in your sig alive?

I plink, therefore I am.

Respond to this message   

dan house
(Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member

hehe I see I should have broke the image link

July 30 2012, 1:23 PM 

so you can see the URL instead of the pic.

hopefully itll still get the point across

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Adding a graphic to your NW54 Signature
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486