photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo americlps_zpsavfgvdau.jpg

Dag Evert's "American Classic"

As mentioned on the forum, heres a picture I took some time back, with natural winter daylight.
A 2100, and a 1377, both guns have been recrowned, and had their trigger parts shimmed for play,
contact surfaces stoned, and trigger springs somewhat reduced within safe limits.
The 2100 has had its barrel shimmed with tape to remove play.
Both guns give great accuracy for the money if they are given good pellets!
The combination of pellets and guns in the picture represents something close to my boyhood dreams:-)
-- Dag Evert

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Can a bigger screw be used to mount the breach...

August 6 2012 at 7:25 AM

Andy  (Login airgunandy)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 206.208.93.60

...of a 13xx or 22xx gun? You know, the little one in front of or under the bolt?
I have a 2200 that I'm contemplating using the pump tube and parts for my 1377 rifle conversion. The only #4 taps I see locally are for coarse threads. The breach screws are fine thread aren't they? Has anyone tried a #6 screw?

Thanks!
Andy

I plink, therefore I am.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
eJames S
(Login jamesinadvance)
Crosman Forum Member

I have used a #5, after reshaping the head

August 6 2012, 8:08 AM 

I would not use the commonly available 6X32 the thread is to coarse, there just isn't enough "meat" in the tube for a larger screw . Smaller taps and screws are available through industrial suppliers and hobby shops they are just not commonly available due to the small volume of sales,
If you need a larger screw due to a damaged thread I would reccomend a 5X44 or a 5X40 these are available through McMaster Carr at:
http://www.mcmaster.com

They also carry a 6X48 screw but I'm not sure if the head of this screw can be modified enough to fit the guns in question without modifying the breech itself which is something I would not want to attempt.

James S

Respond to this message   
Anthony R
(Login fivestar45)
Crosman Forum Member

Andy You've

August 6 2012, 12:10 PM 

been involved with these 22xx platform guns for a while now, so my advise would be to bite the bullet and buy a 4/48 tap from one of the machine equipment suppliers, as in all probability you'll need it more than once. You can re-drill and tap the tube for a #5 or #6-48 but that tap isn't east to find either and going to a courser tap won't get many threads in a 1/16" thick tube wall. And after that you will have to try to keep the new larger screw head size from being in the way. If you have a problem finding a 4-48 tap, drop me a note and I'll give you a supplier.

Respond to this message   

MIke T.
(Login TKO22)
Crosman Forum Member

I have a extra 4-48 tap....

August 6 2012, 5:25 PM 

you can use, then pass it around to those that might need it.

This comes up several times a year on here. Maybe we all can use it as a "passaround loaner" tap. It's quite delicate, but it's the best one available and easily cuts the hardest Stainless Steels.

Let me know.

MIke T.
TKO - Omaha, NE USA
402-889-9222
www.tko22.com

Respond to this message   
Anthony R
(Login fivestar45)
Crosman Forum Member

Great Idea Mike..............n/t

August 6 2012, 7:35 PM 

Respond to this message   

Andy
(Login airgunandy)
Crosman Forum Member

Thanks guys.

August 7 2012, 5:58 AM 

I'll see what I can come up with. I may take Mike up on his offer.

I plink, therefore I am.

Respond to this message   

Trevor
(Login Dnadnnoid)
Crosman Forum Member

i don't get it..

August 7 2012, 7:13 PM 

why bother with the trouble of passing around a tool that everybody needs when they're only a few bucks on ebay? just buy your own...

Respond to this message   

Andy
(Login airgunandy)
Crosman Forum Member

Thanks!

August 7 2012, 8:06 PM 

There are a bunch of them!

I plink, therefore I am.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486
This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are soley the opinion of the individual member