The (new) Crosman Forum, your first and last stop for all things Crosman

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine w/Custom Stock

Here's one I'm especially proud of and is modded all over, doing 12fpe at 15 pumps.
Stock is Teak from Thailand and super light weight 1322 Carbine!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

disco valve stuck??

May 3 2017 at 5:27 PM

ray1377  (Login ray1377)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 107.77.104.116

I had my disco valve out a day or so ago and put new o-rings on it. I took it back out just now and can't unscrew it for crap. Maybe a round or so but then it stops like its stuck. Any ideas? I've already slightly scratched it so I don't want to get bad rough with it for fear of damaging it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

WyoMan
(Login WyoMan)
Crosman Forum Member

the o-ring may have been snagged by the...

May 3 2017, 5:47 PM 

female threads on the rear half. If that's the case it will fight for a while. Use a couple 8-32s threaded-in for a grip on the rear half. Use a curved jaw vice-grip padded with leather (e.g. from a old belt) on the front. Hope that helps...

Also, make sure to lube the o-ring and threads for re-assembly...

Wyo

Respond to this message   

ray1377
(Login ray1377)
Crosman Forum Member

Thanks Wyo

May 3 2017, 8:08 PM 

If I can get it apart enough to get some lube in their would it help?
I had it apart but didn't put any silicon grease on it when I put it back together.
Guess I should have.
Thanks
Ray

Respond to this message   

WyoMan
(Login WyoMan)
Crosman Forum Member

when I get the dreaded o-ring caught in the threads

May 3 2017, 10:35 PM 

it's usually just brute torque and a new o-ring for the fix. Perhaps some WD-40 sprayed thru the gap might help. Never tried that. You may have something else wrong, but if it unscrews a little and then gets hard to turn, sounds like the o-ring is in the threads-

Wyo

Respond to this message   

Bio
(Login Biohazardman)

Re: disco valve stuck??

May 4 2017, 2:57 AM 

So the valve is out and there is no pressure in the tube right? A bit of heat can help a blow dryer or heat gun is often enough to loosen things up.
I used to have a life. But now I have the forum. I am a sick man?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
raneman
(Login ranedouglas)
Crosman Forum Member

yes

June 7 2017, 5:59 PM 

put it in a vise, clamp it behind orings (remove them is safer)...and use and allen key in the exhaust port to have have more leverage to unscrew. just dont scratch where those two top orings are.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486

This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member