The (new) Crosman Forum, your first and last stop for all things Crosman

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine w/Custom Stock

Here's one I'm especially proud of and is modded all over, doing 12fpe at 15 pumps.
Stock is Teak from Thailand and super light weight 1322 Carbine!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman 2200 - Valve Opening

May 15 2017 at 1:34 PM

DLimer  (Login DLimer)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 50.241.28.1

I just purchased an old 2200. Rifle looks to be in good shape, but won't pump. I disassembled and everything looks to be in place. Removed the valve, but cannot open the valve. Looks like someone has been there before me, the flange is a little buggered, but not too bad. I have had this problem before on a 766 of the same vintage. I ended up destroying the valve inlet cone getting it off and replaced with a new aluminum one, I'd like to avoid that on this one. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks in advance.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ped
(Login --ped--)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: Crosman 2200 - Valve Opening

May 15 2017, 2:11 PM 

I use er32 collets to open them and er40 for the 22xx valves
try warming with a hot air gun as some people feel the need to Loctite them and crosman does this on some valves but not others

Respond to this message   

DLimer
(Login DLimer)
Crosman Forum Member

That seems like

May 15 2017, 2:37 PM 

a good way to go, but I don't have any collets or a lathe to hold them. I'll have to dumb it down a little from that.

Respond to this message   
Ronald
(Login GunNut10)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: That seems like

May 15 2017, 2:45 PM 

I use ER40 collets and my lathe also but before I got my lathe I would wrap the body in a strip of leather and clamp onto it with vise grips or pliers. To take off the cap I drilled a piece of scrap hardwood to 5/8" and cut a slot from one side. A "C" clamp tightened down and some heat and they come off pretty good. Best to use a tight grained wood like maple.

I flat top all my valves now.

Ronald

This message has been edited by GunNut10 from IP address 104.12.88.15 on May 15, 2017 2:53 PM

Respond to this message   
Phil
(Login Duane35)
Crosman Forum Member

Rubber gasket material....

May 16 2017, 8:40 AM 

...wrapped around front secured with a hose clamp. Gives some meat to thread it off without destroying it.

Respond to this message   

DLimer
(Login DLimer)
Crosman Forum Member

Got it apart

May 17 2017, 3:31 PM 

using the wood clamp idea, but I had to use 6d nails to fit in the valve cone flange to hold it tighter. Cleaned and put back together, pushed back in the pump tube, installed the pump lever - it seemed to work fine, and held air. Upon full assembly of the rifle though, I have air through the barrel. Ugh, one step forward one step back.

Respond to this message   
Ronald
(Login GunNut10)
Crosman Forum Member

Good to hear you got the valve apart.....

May 18 2017, 5:52 AM 

I took an old one apart yesterday and I had to heat it with a propane torch before it would yield.

Try cocking the gun and see if you can build pressure.

Ronald

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486

This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member