The (new) Crosman Forum, your first and last stop for all things Crosman

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine

Jim Gillilan's Custom 1322 Carbine w/Custom Stock

Here's one I'm especially proud of and is modded all over, doing 12fpe at 15 pumps.
Stock is Teak from Thailand and super light weight 1322 Carbine!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Who here has a 3D printer?

June 1 2017 at 3:50 PM
Qyuubi786  (Login qyuubi786)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 94.118.178.22

I've designed and tested a offset suppressor that is very quiet, due to there not being any metal surfaces that come in contact with the air turbulence. As plastic doesn't resonate like metal does, there is no high pitch tone.

The suppressor is made of three simple parts; the housing, the baffles and the barrel adapter. The adapter has four holes in the design that let's excess air out reducing turbulence behind the pellet and reducing the report from the muzzle end of the suppressor. The baffles has holes that gradually increase in size as the pellet goes through the suppressor,this should also reduce the report. The housing is held on by two screws. The adapter may need slight sanding to allow it to fit onto the barrel (mine is very tight a rubber mallet is needed to remove). You can drill and tap the adapter to make it more secure if you want to be cautious.

I'm not sure if the ATF will have a problem with this, so one should check their state laws!

This is much cheaper to make than buy a suppressor for an airgun. It may takes some time to print. I thought I'd start this thread and see if anyone is interested. It's on Thingiverse, but it's not the complete version and I will upload my current version this weekend.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Mike T.
(Login TKO22)
Crosman Forum Member

I have a 3D printer...

June 1 2017, 9:21 PM 

But I only use it for prototyping parts.

Production would be waaay too slow for our needs.

Mike T.
TKO22.com

Respond to this message   
Mitch
(Login mudbugmitch)
Crosman Forum Member

X 2 on durability

June 3 2017, 5:34 AM 

I don't think it would handle 1500 psi, much less 3,000. I could be wrong. Send me and I'd be more than happy to field test it.

Respond to this message   
Qyuubi786
(Login qyuubi786)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: X 2 on durability

June 3 2017, 9:34 AM 

I've designed mine to be 3mm thick, it doesn't flex no matter how much I press on it. It definitely won't hold 3000psi of contained pressure but the pressure relief holes should let the pressure drop and keep it safe. As we are limited to sub 12ftlbs here in the UK feel free to test.

This message has been edited by qyuubi786 from IP address 94.197.120.137 on Jun 3, 2017 9:45 AM

Respond to this message   
Mitch
(Login mudbugmitch)
Crosman Forum Member

Yep

June 3 2017, 5:06 PM 

Sorry, I meant to clarify that exact point. Great idea, though. Maybe if you wrapped it, or maybe even encapsulated it, it would take more extreme pressures.
Like I said, send me one. We could see how much it could take. She's gonna blow, Captain ! LOL
Only $200 bucks for the printer huh ? It would be fun to try.
Thank you for the idea.

Mitch

Respond to this message   

robny
(Login robnewyork)
Crosman Forum Member

Idea.. stuff coming from thingiverse

June 3 2017, 8:55 AM 

could be printed on the monoprice select, a 200 dollar printer.. Sell 4 of them the printer was free and now you have a 3d printer. Yes, you will see horrible reviews on amazon , but talk to the experts and the monoprice cannot be beat for under 500

Respond to this message   
Qyuubi786
(Login qyuubi786)
Crosman Forum Member

Re: Idea.. stuff coming from thingiverse

June 3 2017, 9:25 AM 

I've printed mine on £200 prusa clone from Amazon. They have had good reviews. And haven't regretted buying mine. wink.gif

This message has been edited by qyuubi786 from IP address 94.197.120.137 on Jun 3, 2017 9:46 AM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486

This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member