<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Port forwarding for TWXSync

March 19 2007 at 11:51 PM
Hornet 

I am trying to set my router up to allow connections from my corpies to my registered TWXSync Server. I know that I have to forward the port that is listed under preferences, but are there any other ports that TWXSync uses?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
earth

port forwarding

March 25 2007, 9:16 PM 

I think you need to set up the default port and that should work. if not you can try moving your machine into the DMZ and seeing if that works. If it does, you can experiment with some ports. To allow multi-threading, standard tcp/ip will spawn your original port to a new port. ususally the routers support that.
earth.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: port forwarding

March 25 2007, 11:50 PM 

I tried with just forwarding the default port and it would not let others connect. I finally did set my computer to a DMZ and it has worked fine since. I do have a firewall on my computer, so I think I am fine. Just looking at the connections made, this seems to be the only way for it to work with my router as each connection does seem to show a different port each time someone connects. It's never the same. Thanks for the help anyway.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: port forwarding

March 25 2007, 11:52 PM 

Yes. I received it just as was stated that I would.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Tradewars 2002Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement