Respond to this messageReturn to Oz!
Original Message
  • Wicked Discount tips
    • broadray (no login)
      Posted Feb 3, 2004 1:52 PM

Wicked has been one of the hardest shows to get tickets for during the mad holiday theater tourist attack (no offense to tourists.) Now is the time of year things calm down, with attendance even at a hit show like Wicked down a bit: although running at 95.8% capacity last week, second only to The Producers on all of Broadway, Wicked is again offering a bit of a discount:
      $65 Wednesday Matinees (regularly priced at $90.00)
      $75 Tuesday evenings at 7 PM, and Wednesday & Thursday evenings at 8 PM (regularly priced at $100)
      $85 Fridays at 8 PM, Saturdays at 2 PM and Sundays at 3 PM (regularly priced at $100)
      You can get this discount through February 29th, excluding Valentine's Day weekend and Saturday evening shows, at Ticketmaster using discount code EUNIV.

Many Wicked fans already know that the production sets aside some front-row seats to sell for only $25 (cash only) two hours before each show. I've been fortunate enough to benefit from this twice, so it's only fair to share with anyone who might not know about it. Get to the Gershwin Theater between 5:30 and 6 for an 8pm show, etc., and enter your name in a lottery. ENTER ONLY ONCE - they don't tell you up front, but if you win and they later find duplicate entries, they will refund your money and send you home. Make sure you have cash and ID, and select whether you'd like one or two tickets. They sometimes check ID when you come back for the show, so this is NOT a scalping opportunity. But it is a great way to see a great show you might otherwise not be able to get into. I've seen crowds ranging from 100 to maybe 500, so try your luck - and I hope you enjoy Wicked as much as I did!

Broadray Blog
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on MusicalsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    Official Wicked Site