Respond to this messageReturn to Oz!
Original Message
  • Articles on Menzel and Schwartz
    • Broadray (Login broadray)
      Posted Feb 22, 2004 11:32 PM

After so much ink on Kristin (not that that's a bad thing,) the Westchester Journal-News does a good job of chronicling Idina Menzel's rise (ahem) to fame (although it forgets her time in Aida, Sep 13, 2001-Jan 27, 2002.) The piece covers steam baths, how easy it actually is being green (sorry, Kermit!) and what it's like to defy gravity:

"The smoke, the fans blowing, up there singing this incredible song in the spotlight. Those moments where, when I see the kids after the show that love it and have tears in their eyes, I realize that those are the moments that I would have gotten chills." (By the way, the note at the end of that song is hers, not the composer's! Read about that by following the second link below.)

Read Idina Menzel profile here

Also a feature on Wicked composer Stephen Schwartz, in which he answers a question about how he thinks the show will do after Kristin and Idina leave:

"I don't think they're impossible to replace. I can't deny that I think each of them is extraordinary in the roles and that the roles were, to some extent, written for them, but I've seen other people do the roles."

Read the full text here

Broadray weblog
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on MusicalsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    Official Wicked Site