I don't think that's the WE of oldNovember 4 2006 at 3:11 PM
|joe (no login)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Response to I thought nobody made tubes in the US anymore
I think somebody bought the name some time ago because of the brand equity and they are now marketing 300b SET tubes for audiophiles .
The people at vacuum tube valley are the authorities on such things .
I believe pittman has bought up old ge tube manufacturing equipment and is running it , maybe in pennsylvania somewhere .
The "red bank" tubes are still manufactured in jersey I believe and have been for quite some time . they make those for the military , they are VERY rugged cause they use em in missiles . they have to withstand 1000's of G's you know ,or hundreds , whatever it is it's alot !
- Re: I don't think that's the WE of old - Mike G. on Nov 5, 2006, 5:52 PM
- Re: I don't think that's the WE of old - Kevin Black on Nov 5, 2006, 10:39 PM
- you have gone a little off topic ! - joe on Nov 6, 2006, 8:49 AM
- I don't know what you are on about... - Tom Custom on Nov 6, 2006, 12:41 PM
- UHH, ... - sixty4fairlane on Nov 7, 2006, 12:51 PM
- Stop it Tom your making me HORNY! - buddymac on Nov 6, 2006, 6:33 PM
- buddy. - joe on Nov 7, 2006, 11:06 AM
- PE? - Tom Custom on Nov 7, 2006, 7:39 PM
- Re: PE? - Anonymous on Nov 8, 2006, 1:13 PM
- Re: I don't think that's the WE of old - Paul Kane on Dec 11, 2006, 8:27 PM