Return to Index  

5 best Stones albums, cd's, cassetes, 8 tracks...or what ever you want to call them!

November 19 2010 at 3:43 AM

(Login rancherohell)
from IP address 58.8.109.38

Ok... listened to Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street and Some Girls in a row. oops... (just ran out of beer... be right back!) I'm putting Aftermath ahead of Some Girls,. There was something about that album that was so different that what others were doing at the time. It's country, folksy, rocky, mystical and we start getting to get the real Stones style and tone in songs like "Think" where you hear the Spector sound and then the Keith's rhythms. Then there is "High and Dry" as country as it gets, or "I am Waiting", Cobain could have not done the soft to hard changes better. That album defines the future of the Stones sound and style...

Aftermath was also the first album I ever owned, my sister gave it to me when it came out. She bought it and it was not her style. I loved it! I'm listening to it over 40 years later. I still love it! I took it to a 5th grade party and told the teacher to play Paint it Black. The other kids hated it... I then took it to the 6th grade party at another school the next year cause it was the only record I owned... other friends had Jimi, Janis and Cream... I had friends at last. Same as here. Weird huh?

http://www.bobdylan.com/audio/albumtracks/WindowsMedia/56/rolling_highway.asx

This message has been edited by rancherohell from IP address 58.8.109.38 on Nov 19, 2010 3:59 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses