I was thereApril 10 2005 at 2:12 PM
|Doug Townend |
Response to Army Cadets
in 1957. Simply a three week holiday. No rockhounds, no kayaking or canoeing, no glacier climbing. Spent one week touring all the tourist spots, one week living in a marquee tent in the hills and one week in the camp as duty company which included providing cadets each night to go dancing at the Banff Springs Hotel. I was also the camp QM in 1974 when Base supply CFB Calgary supported it. I sent an MWO to be the RQMS and I stayed in Calgary but visited the camp to enjoy a day away.
Other camps include Ipperwash 1954 for the six week general military training course, Borden 1955 for the Infantry Signaller course which got me two stripes when I joined the Reserves two years later.
Also ran the adventure training activity in 1975 at Vernon BC camp. Spent the summer at the Glen Emma training range.
The good old days of youth and exuberance before old age and treachery took hold.
- Banff camp - Mike D on Apr 11, 2005, 3:40 PM
- Re: Banff camp - Jon Skagfeld on Apr 11, 2005, 4:38 PM
- AND. . . - Doug Townend on Apr 11, 2005, 9:59 PM
- Re: AND. . . - Jon Skagfeld on Apr 12, 2005, 3:54 PM
- Cadet 'pay' - Clive M. Law - Service Publications on Apr 12, 2005, 6:44 PM
- Airborne cadets - Mike D on Apr 15, 2005, 12:40 AM
- Bancroft Clarke - Erik Vallee on Jun 2, 2015, 8:09 PM