Return to Index  

older sizes

June 15 2005 at 8:06 AM
rob L 

Response to Height and Chest/Waist

Chris
The older sizes kind of worked in threes. I'm assuming these were the ones you are talking about. When it comes to size 1,2 and 3, they were for a short person skinny, regular , and rotund in that order. Sizes 4,5,and 6 wrere for a medium height skinny, regular and rotund, and sizes 7,8 and 9 were for normal height, skinny, regular and rotund. The sizes following were similar, although I believe there were 4 variatoins (went up to size 13) because of the variations once you got up to the taller people.

Until the sizes were learned, it was always confusing when a guy found that the size 7 and 8 coveralls were actually smaller on him than the size 6 which was cutting into his crotch.

The current cadpat is using the "inches" combination such as 7044 which means 5'10" tall with a 44 chest. I seem to recall there had been attempts at going to metric measurements, but noone over the age of 35 could understand what the heck they translated to.

I have used the word rotund here because one should no longer say "oh, you need a size short fat coverall"; that can get you a harrassment allegation these days.

Respond to this message   
Responses

canadiansoldiers.com