Wartime Denison specificationJanuary 9 2008 at 6:25 PM
|Steve Forth |
Response to Research
This may be of some interest. I have a copy of study done by Steve Madden on the production of the various Denison smocks. In the study is a copy of Specification NO. U/1095A issued 21.6.45. Below is an excerpt:
Drill No.4 Camouflaged, W.P. M.S.B. 1203
1. Material: The fabric shall be all cotton
3. Dye: The goods shall be thoroughly penetrated with vat dyestuffs to the shades and design of the standard pattern, and the dye equally fast.
Note: W.P. indicates waterproofed.
Schedule "A" mentions that the material is 28" wide
- Another interesting point - Steve Forth on Jan 9, 2008, 6:30 PM
- Very Interesting - Ken Joyce on Jan 9, 2008, 6:41 PM
- vat deying - Dave Hiorth on Jan 9, 2008, 7:08 PM
- Wording - Steve Forth on Jan 9, 2008, 8:18 PM
- Terms - Steve Forth on Jan 9, 2008, 9:05 PM
- Not sure - Steve Forth on Jan 9, 2008, 8:05 PM
- Poor connection - Steve Forth on Jan 9, 2008, 10:32 PM