Return to Index  

Unfortunate you missed it

September 16 2008 at 9:57 PM

Response to Thoughts on the Nanton Lancaster Society Air Museum

I have not been to Nanton in a couple of years, but from what I recall, the museum is clean, staffed by friendly volunteers, and has a number of informative exhibits ranging from VC awardees of the RCAF to a very good Great Escape display, and of course the centrepiece, the Lancaster itself, which is open to the public to clamber inside of, and walk underneath to inspect the bomb-bay. I don't recall there being a lot of "interpretive" stuff in the interactive sense (i.e. games, videos, etc.) but I may be mis-remembering and it has been some time since I've been there, but I do recall there being quite a bit more than just the Lancaster itself, and the static displays were quite good - I recall a wall panel or two on the development of the RAF roundel, for example, and another on Ian Bazalgette, VC, etc.

If you're actually in Nanton during a period the museum is open, definitely worth a look - and the antique mall is also worthwhile if the better half is interested in such things - sort of a museum in itself, really, and free at that.

Respond to this message   
Responses

canadiansoldiers.com