.50 BrowningsOctober 13 2008 at 8:32 AM
|John Sliz |
The following entry in the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders' War Diary confuses me a little and I am hoping that someone will know the answer. It reads: "Our .50 Brownings on left of "C" coy are being..."
From what I can find out so far is that the only .50 Brownings in the Canadian army would have been on American made vehicles. Is this true or did they replace the Brens in some battalions?
I do know that the division's MG bn. had a few of their platoons helping the SD&G at the time, but as far as I know they didn't have Brownings.
- .50 vs Bren - Michael Dorosh on Oct 13, 2008, 10:00 AM
- 50 Cal - Clive M. Law - Service Publications on Oct 13, 2008, 12:39 PM
- Pictures - Roger Lucy on Oct 13, 2008, 3:30 PM
- carriers - John Sliz on Oct 14, 2008, 10:17 AM
- Authors - Clive M. Law -Service Pubications on Oct 14, 2008, 12:00 PM
- Re: .50 Brownings - brian bridger on Oct 14, 2008, 7:21 PM