Return to Index  

B114663 F.R. Branscombe

May 14 2010 at 8:54 PM

Response to B114663 F. R. Branscombe

With his name and service number, you can apply for a copy of his service file from Library and Archives Canada. His service records will tell you exactly who he served with and when. If the veteran has not been deceased for more than 20 years, then the file will be vetted and much of the personal information will be blocked out, but you will still be able to see who he served with. I believe the service is free of charge through LAC, but there is a substantial wait time and some paperwork to fill out. There are freelance researches who charge a small fee to go to LAC and research the file for you if you cannot get to Ottawa in person. I have hired a gentleman in Ottawa to get me copies of the service files of several veterans this way. He charges a small fee for each file and I usually recieve a copy about a month after I first contact him with my request.

 Respond to this message