Return to Index  

New book: Pacific Coast Militia Rangers (PCMR)

October 17 2013 at 10:05 PM
Stu McDonald 

About to be published: Pictorial History of the PCMR (Pacific Coast Militia Rangers)

I met the author (David Clark of Victoria) and had an extensive look at the draft copy of this excellent book. He has produced a very welcome, comprehensive and well-illustrated book and I am sure others will want a copy. I am not involved in the book production or marketing but have ordered some for myself and for two military museums here in BC. The advertising notice appears below:

PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS:

BRITISH COLUMBIAS GUERRILLA ARMY 1942 1945

For over a year, three P.C.M.R. enthusiasts spent their time combing archives and museums and the holdings of dozens of military collectors, photographing original uniforms, badges, weapons, kit, and collecting pictures, documents, Ranger histories, and talking to Rangers and their descendants, to uncover the mostly unknown or forgotten story of the wartime Rangers of British Columbia.

This 368 page soft bound pictorial history, with 50 pages of colour photographs, brings together original documents showing how the Rangers came into being, how companies were created and administered and how they were trained. The historical records and photographs of the South Vancouver Island Rangers, Company No. 1 of the P.C.M.R., are featured thanks to the generous assistance of James Whyte, the S.V.I.R. historian. Two chapters on the Canadian Rangers and the Junior Canadian Rangers, concentrating on 4CRPG, the successors to the P.C.M.R., conclude the book.

W.S. (Bill) Fowler (Pacific Region Ranger Liaison Officer ret'd), and James A. Goguen had both wanted to put a Pacific Coast Militia Ranger book together for years, and in collaboration with David B. Clark, who wrote the book, that has now become a reality.

For Ranger enthusiasts, Winchester and Marlin rifle collectors, badge collectors, military buffs, historians, and the public, this book offers a wealth of information hitherto unavailable about these unsung homeland protectors of World War II.

Ordering information may be found at . Books $49.95 CDN
plus shipping, handling and tax where appicable.

Border fees may apply outside of Canada. For U.S.A. $49.95 USD applies with shipping and handling and potential border fees. E-mail for quote.

Respond to this message   
Responses

canadiansoldiers.com