Return to Index  

Abbreviations

May 3 2017 at 7:53 AM
Melodie 

Response to My best guess is...

Thanks for your help with these abbreviations, Dan.

Regarding the Mac Increment, yes, it is in lower case. The exact entry is "SOS to 2 Mac Increment 1 CATC RCASC" "I don't have any info indicating that he drove an ambulance, but his medical records indicated that he was fit of L of C and we have photos of him on a motorbike. Additionally on the page that shows a short account of service it says O/S 48 months in U.K and N.W Europe with RCA as Driver I/C. I am of the understanding that he drove a motorbike to take various documents to the front but since I didn't get that info from my Dad, I can't confirm.

Regarding L/bdr, I didn't know that it was an appointment rather than a rank. What is the difference between the two? He never did get that appointment again after he was injured. I'm not sure if this helps to better determine what WTO is, but the preceding line on his service record was:
SOS x3 list to y3 list - under the "rank shown" column is L/bdr and the next line down is TOS from WTO L/bdr and in the rank shown column is Gnr. Also there's a second form that describes it slightly different. It says: UK & TOS from WTO on Adm to BN&PS hosptial (that's Bassingstoke)

I was trying to see about attaching a copy of these pages to this sight as it show it everything much clearer but so far I havnt' been able to figure out how to do that.

Thanks again for your help. It is greatly appreciated

Melodie

Respond to this message   
Responses

canadiansoldiers.com