Return to Index  

So very interesting

August 14 2017 at 6:06 PM
Melodie 

Response to Well, as best as I can figure...

Ah, I see, an inside joke. You do sound like quite a character. I'm still very glad to know the correct spelling. I went to school for 13 years and my name was spelled "Melody" on my high school diploma - so I have a "thing" about names being spelled correctly.

Thanks for clearing up the CARU questions. Things are really starting to make more sense.

I’m thrilled and amazed to know my Dad had such an important and technical job. It’s really a shame that he didn’t talk about the war.

Regarding the injury, your very concise explanation about how the ammunition works shed enormous light on the subject. So interesting! There’s something vaguely familiar about description of the unused pile of cordite placed next to the gun. I seem to recall many (many, many) years ago, my Mum saying something about a pile of “something”. I obviously wasn’t listening very intently and until I actually read the explanation of his injury, I had it my mind that he fell into a pile of hot casings. I am now considering this question answered most satisfactorily. Thanks.

I doubt if anyone would be willing to part with a copy of the "3rd Mediums History" but I will keep my eye out - perhaps ebay or a military website. You never know what treasures are waiting to be found. Is that the title I would look for?

Once again, you did not disappoint. Thank you so much.

Melody - uh, no, wait.....

Melodie

Respond to this message   

canadiansoldiers.com