Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Thanks again Dave
    • Steve Forth
      Posted Apr 14, 2007 3:51 PM

I appreciate that you priced the group the way you did. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I have two new pieces in my collection that I thought I would never get... I mean how many 43 dated Canadian maroon berets are there on the market these days? Not too many I should think. As for the tunic, I found out from Jaime that the vet's name was Hockin. With a little research and help from other collectors I learned that he served with B Coy, 5 platoon and was in Belgium, Holland and Germany. I found a photo of Private Hockin in the National Archives which is also in the book "Tip of the Spear". The only thing that is not quite right is that I have been informed by another collector "in the know" that Hockin was subsequently promoted to sergeant at some point and there is no evidence of any rank on the tunic. But of course the possible explanations are endless and because the vet passed away in 1993 I will never know the truth. One thing that is without a doubt is that it is an original 1CPB tunic, whether it was worn by Hockin or not.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

canadiansoldiers.com