Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Locating former army personnel (1954)
    • Mary McDaid
      Posted Jul 28, 2008 4:43 PM

Hello. I am trying to find a record of a Bill (or William) MacPherson or MacIntosh who was posted at Camp Borden, Barrie Ontario, in the 1954 timeframe. He was deployed elsewhere (we believe overseas to England) in early 1955.

He would have been in his early twenties in 1954, so we would assume DOB to be between 1933 and 1936.

We also have reason to believe that his home was in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

This may seem like an odd request but I am searching on behalf of my Mom, who is elderly and quite ill. This gentleman meant a great deal to her, and she has asked me to help her locate him. Due to privacy rules, I have no idea how to go about finding information on former army personnel, particularly where she is struggling with his last name. I was hoping there may be some public records you may have access to or could direct me to in order to narrow my search.

I appreciate any guidance you may have. If I could even access a list of Borden personnel in the 1954 timeframe it would most likely help me determine his name. I do have a photo but I don't believe that will be too helpful.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mary McDaid
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)