Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 1CPB
    • Ken Joyce
      Posted Feb 17, 2009 11:52 AM

Ok, if I am correct, Michael wants to know the WE of the unit prior to D-Day. Not theoretical WE but exactly who was doing what and how many etc. under what ranks and under what designations. I think the only way this can be achieved is by going to the LAC and picking through the documents. I have been through all the documents Mark has listed - thanks! - and I am certain the info is there. I forget what the heck it is specifically called, but there are also rosters in the WD which show the compliment of men, officers and attached personnel for each month ( June Missing ). So you could look at May as an example. There are also other lists such as the allottment of men for the operation, training Company etc.

Gary Boegel's book "Boys of the Clouds" lists the proper Rifle Company, Platoon designations 1-9 and support platoons etc.

Anyway Michel might have the documents on hand or someone might have to go to the archives,

Ken
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

canadiansoldiers.com