Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Location is a great idea
    • Roger Roy
      Posted Jan 26, 2010 12:01 PM

Display everything!!!!!...this way you'll see it all and know where it's at..lol, just kidding.

I keep an excel spreadsheet file with my collection carefully identified for insurance purposes.

I keep small items such as badges, pins patches etc in small transparent Tupperware storage bin with sectional dividers
      You can find these at craft stores. for $5

For larger items like belts, webbing etc..get the med' sized transparent Tupperware bins from Wal-Mart. (around 24" x 15"?) with a itemized list of the contents tapes to the top of the box. It makes it so much more easier when looking for that one item
      They are cheap and can be stacked on top of each other if you are tight on space, I stack four high ($9 each)

A good friend of mine who collects shoulder titles, buys specialized plastic hockey card pages (The old "Parkhurst cards or Tall boys are perfect, but you have to find them as a card collectors store)
      He then has four patches per page and puts them in a large three ringed binders.

As for books I have around 75 books so it's not too bad..but they are kept on a bookshelves where I can see them.
      All my uniforms or hats are on display.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

canadiansoldiers.com