Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Information & Secrecy.
    • Christopher Furlotte
      Posted Oct 9, 2010 5:42 AM

Morning Jeff,
      Many thanks and glad to be of some help? Glad to know I've made it on your Christmas card list wink.gif

Information and the level of secrecy was of utmost in importance during this time! As a example of it, The British Security Co-ordination had all of it's records destroyed in 1946-47 and only the ones of historical importance were kept in order to write their organizational history, ie The book of it's activities in The Americans. Then these too were destroyed and most of the books had previously been kept locked up in a vault! Only a handful of these were given out, and they were not reprinted until 1998 in the UK for the general public to read and study about.

The recent publication of the "official" history of MI6 (The Secret Intelligence Service)by Professor Keith Jeffery 2010. In it he mentions most for of the records of MI6's operational activities were destroyed, and only a few that pertained any historical value were kept in it's archives for them to view alone. He is the only person outside of this organization to see them for the first time

Anyways, I just thought to share that little bit of knowledge with you as insight on how these things tend to go.

What about contacting the Regiments museum on these lads were recruited from? It may give some other info on there roles there before bring recruited in this unknown unit??

Just a thought.

Cheers and all the best!

Chris
      CANADA.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

canadiansoldiers.com