<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Michael Dorosh: Clarification Re: Scope of Discussion

January 12 2009 at 2:44 PM

Hi Michael,

Just to be clear, you've put the cut-off for discussion of Canadian equipment and combat experience at the end of the 20th Century (c. December 31, 2000), right? It's not subsequently rolling into the 21st at any point?

I ask because I was about to post a brief review of "Fifteen Days" by Christie Blatchford (an account of Canadian infantry combat experiences in Afghanistan), then realized that it's technically "off-topic" for this forum as I understand it and I know that you moderate with a firm but fair hand with regard to off-topic posts.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Michael Dorosh

Fifteen Days

January 12 2009, 2:56 PM 

Thanks for asking; yes, I've cut off the forum at 2000. I did read Fifteen Days myself, in bits and pieces, but

What I would recommend, though, would be turning your comments into a review at the chapters website, or on Facebook's book review feature, where others can use it as a tool in deciding if the book is worth investing in. See my FB profile if you're not sure what I'm talking about - I know you'd find an appreciative audience there.

Respond to this message   

Facebook reviews

January 12 2009, 3:47 PM 

Hi Michael,

As I figured, which is why I asked. I can't quite see what you're talking about in terms of Facebook book reviews. I see your virtual bookshelf - must I install the Virtual Bookshelf to access such reviews?

I'm loathe to install any but the most basic of apps at Facebook, but I suppose if you're confident in its usefulness, I can give it a shot.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Michael Dorosh: Clarification Re: Scope of Discussion
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

canadiansoldiers.com