<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Uniforms of the WWII Tommy - Revised and Expanded Edition

April 25 2012 at 8:55 PM

The new edition of the uniforms book is finally available. Overall it has 664 pages including the front matter and index. Format is still black and white with the exception of the expanded color section which has 24 pages now. There are roughly 1700 photographs in the expanded edition, both static shots of items and original wartime period shots.

The Web site linked below has a chapter by chapter comparison of the original book and the new expanded edition. Plus links on that page for placing orders if you are interested in a copy.

http://www.visualcollector.com/Tommy/TommyUniforms/TommyUniforms.htm

Books ordered direct through the site are signed and dated. Shipping is via U.S Postal Service priority airmail for both domestic and international purchases. Costs a bit more but the books get there pretty fast and without incident.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by dorosh on Apr 26, 2012 6:47 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bill A

Link..

April 26 2012, 6:19 AM 

Respond to this message   

Link fixed

April 26 2012, 6:49 AM 

I've edited the original post to fix the link.

Thanks for posting the information; I find the original book a great source of info and have used it often as a reference, I'm sure the revised book is even better.

Respond to this message   

Re: Link fixed

April 26 2012, 7:42 AM 

Thanks for correcting the link Mike. Must not have cut & pasted it properly.

Respond to this message   

Uniforms of the WWII Tommy

May 7 2012, 9:14 PM 

I was pleasantly surprised today when I found a rather heavy box waiting for me in the mailbox. Uniforms of the WWII Tommy arrived today and I am very impressed. Lots of information, great period photographs and cool kit. It is always a good sign when I learn something new from a book and I gleaned a few more nuggets of information from this book.

Thank you David.

Respond to this message   

Dave's book

May 11 2012, 3:48 PM 

I received this a couple of days ago and it has taken me a few days to run through it. Dave has done a great job on producing this updated version and is to be commended. If I have any negative comment to make it is that Service Publications wasn't the publisher!

Respond to this message   

My copy arrived today

May 11 2012, 5:21 PM 

Am looking forward to digging through it.

By chance, when I opened it to take a first flip through and sniff the pages (love that new book smell) the very first page it fell open to was a new page, and a nice shot of two Calgary Highlanders inspecting a German "doodlebug". Was happy to see them included, and correctly identified. Looking forward to sitting down with this and examining it in detail.

Respond to this message   

Re: My copy arrived today

May 14 2012, 6:52 PM 

Glad to hear the books I sent north are slowly starting to reach their destinations. Like the other updated titles in the series, there are a lot more copies going to Canada than to America. Course the collectors in the UK and France have North America soundly beaten with orders.

And yes, there are a lot more period photographs showing Canadian troops this go around. Plus a handful in the new Womens chapter.

Respond to this message   

Book arrived yesterday

May 29 2012, 5:59 PM 

Bonjour David,

Thank you for a great and well-researched book. It is useful to collectors, re-enactors and scale modelers.

Regards from Canada,
François

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Uniforms of the WWII Tommy - Revised and Expanded Edition
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

canadiansoldiers.com