<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CSMMI Annual Show and Sale 2012.

June 4 2012 at 8:14 AM
Bill A 

The Canadian Society of Military Medals and Insignia Annual Show and Sale is this weekend. Friday June 8 and Saturday June 9.
The CSMMI Annual Show has been reformated and moved. Now a two day show, it is located at the Burlington Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Centre, 3063 South Service Road Burlington Ontario. L7N 3E9.
Doors open at 12 noon for CSMMI members in good standing, and at 1 pm to the general public. Doors close at 4:30 on Friday. Saturday, 8:30 am doors open until 5:00 pm.
Lots of vendors from across Canada.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Show

June 9 2012, 2:23 PM 

How was the show? Too far for me to go on spec.

Respond to this message   
Dave Hiorth

Csmmi Burlington annual

June 9 2012, 6:41 PM 

I thought it was good some of the usual suspects and some new ones I had not seen before. Found some good product to buy. And ran into some great people I had a chance to talk to. Far better show than when it was in st Catherine's but not as good as when it was in the falls. I look forward to the next one as hopefully it will get better
Dave

Respond to this message   

good

June 9 2012, 8:08 PM 

...was great I think...saw a lot of folks some old some new...saw some great stuff and even picked up a few little treasures...

Respond to this message   
Bill A

Review

June 10 2012, 8:57 AM 

The new venue seems to work, and the tables were all full. Being in two halls is always a bit of an issue. One dealer commented that most people took a left at the door and by the time they were done the first hall they didn't have any money left.... That is a good comment in a way also, as it indicates visitors were finding stuff for their collections.
The attendance was reported to be higher than St Catharines, with some more people coming in from the east.
Some consideration needs to be given to the hours, the 8:30 opening? And it should be slated to end earlier. (It was over by 3 anyways..)
I found the show odd as far as the interests expressed by the buyers. I never know what to emphasize when I load up for a show, and on this one I completely missed. I had some interesting medals and groups. Not one person looked at them seriously, let alone even ask a price. I could have sold my good cloth ten times over, but I was looking for trades on most of it, and no one was bringing material in that I was offered. Similar comment on badges, not much interest or movement. Some, but not a lot. Some of the vendors who specialized in badges reported similar experiences.
Personally I picked up an Algonquin 4 CAD tunic, and a couple of nice titles for my collection, including a nice SWW First Hussars and a variety of the WEST NOVA SCOTIA REGT that I had never seen before.
It seems I may be shooting myself in the foot collecting ways. AS I am identified as a serious cloth collector, if I express an interest in a piece the vendors eyes sparkle....

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - CSMMI Annual Show and Sale 2012.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

canadiansoldiers.com