<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Caubeen

July 4 2012 at 4:54 PM

Does anyone own a caubeen, badged to a Canadian regiment?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Michael Dorosh

Post-War

July 4 2012, 8:40 PM 

I have a post-war one, or what I believe to be post-war, in my collection. It is c-broad-arrow marked, and was obtained without a badge. I've mated it to an Irish Regiment of Canada badge. It has absolutely no provenance - if this is of any value to you...

Respond to this message   

Caubeen

July 5 2012, 6:42 AM 

Hi Mike,

I need to photograph one for the book. Can you mail it to me and I will return it ASAP. I will cover postage both ways.
Cheers,
Clive

Respond to this message   

Send me...

July 5 2012, 7:11 AM 

I took a week's vacation with a promise to myself of accomplishing some kind of task around the house each day. So far I managed to buy and build a new barbecue, arrange to have the place re-roofed, get an appointment with the bank to finance said roofing, clean the rust off my SUV running boards, and looks like today has been "find @#$&^% caubeen for Clive" since I had to go through every damn box in the basement!

I need to reorganize down there anyway, so it has been eye-opening...

I'm happy to say it sits in my hands as I type this. Shoot me your preferred mailing address and level of service (regular, express post, etc.) in a quick email and I will get it off to you today. I'm in no hurry to get it back. Hope it helps.

Respond to this message   

Addy

July 5 2012, 8:47 AM 

Service Publications
PO Box 33071
Ottawa ON K2C 3Y9

regular mail is fine.
Cheers,
Clive

Respond to this message   

Problem with Canada Post

July 6 2012, 2:42 PM 

The Caubeen arrived today. Some flunky at Canada Post forgot to route it via the black hole for its mandatory stay in purgatory prior to transiting through limbo and then back into the regular postal stream.
Thanks Mike, I 'll get this back to you shortly.

Respond to this message   

Byzantine Price Matrix

July 9 2012, 8:38 PM 

Slapping 100 dollars of insurance on my 10 dollar hat badge (though I guess those 10 dollar cap badges we bought 20 years ago are now worth 35 dollars now...), they told me I could get Expresspost for 15 cents more or so...I so rarely get to feel like Diamond Jim.

Respond to this message   

I Dunno ...

July 5 2012, 5:48 PM 

I must confess that one of the complications with being a long-time collector is that 'stuff' ends up amongst the things that you are familiar with. I have a couple of highland caps, but I am not certain how long I have had them ('decades' would be the closest I could guess), and not being a highland collector, I am not even certain what they are. I am pretty sure that one is a 1st WW balmoral badged to the 15th Battn CEF, and I believe that the other one is a well-worn 1944 dated 'cap' by L. Gilberston & Sons (with /|\) badged to the Cap Breton Highlanders.

Here are a couple of pics. If one is a caubeen, please let me know ... happy.gif

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Caubeen pix

July 5 2012, 7:51 PM 

Two SWW pix of the Caubeen, OR (left) and Officer (right), Irish Regiment of Canada. The Caubeen, a traditional Irish headdress, is normally a dark green.

[linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   

Thanks for the clarification, Clive

July 5 2012, 8:06 PM 

ntxt

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Caubeen
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

canadiansoldiers.com