<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Looking for G.O. 110/20

April 9 2017 at 4:40 PM
Calgary_Neil 

"I am looking for two General Orders from 1929. They are G.O. No. 110 and G.O. No. 123. They each contain a list of Battle Honours earned by Battalions in the Great War." Resaw on CEFSG Forum 2014

"Has anyone ever compiled a master list of battle honours as awarded to the CEF Battalions?" Michael Dorosh of CEFSG Forum 2011

Neither of these messages ended with an full answer, and having Stewart's CONCISE LINEAGES (Revised) I din't find a compiled list. Did I miss it? Both of these G.O. numbers are skipped in the Canada Gazette, or are they in a special issue? Anyone know where they are (on the web) ?

Neil

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Calgary_Neil

G.O. 110/29

April 9 2017, 5:28 PM 

Looking for the 1929 110 not the 1920 one (Wrong Header)

Respond to this message   
John

Link to 1929 GO 110 and 123

April 12 2017, 9:32 AM 

Occasionally I roust my lazy butt and fire up the scanner.
A pdf of the 1929 General Order Appendix can be found for viewing or downloading at http://mpmuseum.org/ww1honours.html

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

GO 110 and 123 of 1929

April 12 2017, 7:16 PM 

WOW
Thanks John
Better than I hoped for

Neil T

Respond to this message   
Michael Dorosh

Extremely useful

April 13 2017, 10:03 AM 

Many thanks.

John, a former MP just sent me a bunch of photos of his UN service, good colour pics with brassards in evidence. I'll forward them to you for your use.

Respond to this message   
Calgary_Neil

Missing units

April 12 2017, 10:50 PM 

Thanks again John

Looking at both quickly I note that some battalions are missing, but digging around I note that they where incorporated with other units. The 228th Bn was re-designated 6th Bn Canadian Railway Troops, and that type seems to be missing. Not having look at these units before so I don't have much info to go on.

Are there other G.O.s like these, or those units listed within the Canadian Gazette?
I'm not asking you to find them, just if you know of them

Neil T

Respond to this message   
John

Parts 3 and 4

April 13 2017, 7:45 AM 

Found parts 3 and 4 and put them online on the same page. The 228th Bn is the last entry in Part 4.
Enjoy.

Respond to this message   
Calgary_Neil

CEF Battle Honours

April 13 2017, 9:10 AM 

Thanks John

Old information never dies, it just hides in dark places.

Thanks for finding and scanning them.
Neil T

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

canadiansoldiers.com